In this Spytify review, I will talk about all features of Spytify, Cons and pros, how to record music from Spotify with Spytify, and list alternatives to Spytify.
What is the Spytify?
Spytify is a Windows desktop application for recording music from Spotify. It’s a free open source Spotify recorder which records Spotify songs and skips ads, ensuring lossless sound quality. It automatically splits songs into separate tracks and records to MP3 with ID3 tags included artist, title and album. With Spytify, you could start easily enjoying your music on any MP3 player or burnt to CD.
How it works?
Spytify records music from the soundcard of your computer. It records what music you are playing on computer. You will get the same quality as the original Spotify music, so the recorded copy will be indistinguishable from Spotify’s one. Spytify records at .mp3 quality, and not at higher qualities like .flac, as we know the Spotify deliver 320 kbps audio quality for most of songs.
How to record songs from Spotify?
It’s simple to record Spotify music with Spytify, please follow the step by step below:
- Download, install Spytify here.
- Launch the Spytify and your Spotify desktop application (If you haven’t install the app on your computer, you could download it here)
- Click the recording button in upper right on Spytify and then playing music on Spotify.
That’s all. Spytify will detect if there is a sound on your computer, if yes, it will start to record music that is playing. all recordings are saved under the same path: …/My Music/, the default music of Windows.
- Automatically adds metadata to .mp3 file (track, Track Title, Artist, Album Title, Album Art, Cover and Genre)
- No Ads Doesn’t record ads and has an option to disable audio ads
- Mutes Other Apps Mutes any other applications while spying Spotify
- Great Audio Quality Gets and records with the same great audio quality than Spotify
- Normalize volume Max out the volume of your Spotify audio session to record all song at the same volume level delivered by Spotify
- Works for both free and paid Spotify account Up to 120 kbps for A free Spotify account since Spotify restricts a free account with audio quality to 120 kbps. Recording up to 320 kbps audio if you have a Premium Spotify subscription.
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Framework (.NET 4.6 or higher).
- Spotify Desktop application.
Pros and cons
- Free to use
- Get ID3 tags for each recorded song
- Get same quality music from Spotify
- Remove Ads
- Only support for Windows OS
- Need to install Spotify desktop application, didn’t work with Spotify browser player
- Record music from Spotify only not support other popular streaming music services like Amazon prime music.
- The interface need to be improved. It seems a Matrix theme.
Alternatives to Spytify
Cinch audio recorder(paid)
Cinch audio recorder is highly recommended. By using it, music from Spotify can be recorded and converted to MP3. Why is it better than Spytify? It records music from any streaming music site not only Spotify. It wildly supports Amazon Prime/unlimited music, Tidal, Google music, Soundcloud and others.
It is a paid software program but you could get it for free here.
- Record audio from computer audio and online music sources.
- Support to preset recording start time and duration.
- Automatically split/filter songs upon preset time duration.
- Manage recorded music files and edit recording files freely.
Leawo Music Recorder(paid)
Leawo Music Recorder is a multifunctional music recorder for both Windows and Mac users and it is the only music recorder software for Mac computer. It has the same feature as Cinch audio recorder but more: It can record sound from your microphone as well.
Just like other audio recorder software applications, Audials is automatically recorded, separated into individual files, converted into your preferred file format like MP3, WMA, AAC or others and tagged with ID3 tags, album cover and song text. It support all mainstream online music and video sites, full up your MP3 player with Audials now.
Replay Music allows you to record music from Spotify to MP3 files, so you can enjoy to your favorite music on any device, anywhere. Recording from Spotify is a snap with Replay Music! You’ll get perfectly-tagged and titled song files, ready to import into Apple iTunes , Windows media play or other music manage software programs you might use every time
Spotify recorder (free)
The software is designed because the author want to download songs from Spotify for playing them on a mp3 player or on the car stereo. It records the Spotify tracks directly from the soundcard and adds the track and artist information just like Syptiffy. You don’t have to get a Spotify Premium account, the free account is fine.
Spytify is a great Spotify recorder that help you to download MP3 from Spotify. However, the drawback is that the software only support recording music from Spotify. If you want to record other streaming music sites, you need to get one of alternative recording software applications that I mentioned in the alternative section. Please let if you have any question about this review, comment it below. Looking forward to hear from you.