In this Spytify review, I will talk about all features of Spytify, its cons and pros, record music from Spotify with Spytify, and list alternatives to Spytify.
What is the Spytify?
Spytify is a Windows desktop application for recording music from Spotify. It’s a free, open-source Spotify recorder that records Spotify songs and skips ads, ensuring lossless sound quality. It automatically splits songs into separate tracks and records to MP3 with ID3 tags, including artist, title, and album. With Spytify, you could start easily enjoying your music on any MP3 player or burn it to a CD.
How does it work?
Spytify records music from the soundcard of your computer. It records what music you are playing on a computer. You will get the same quality as the original Spotify music, so the recorded copy will be indistinguishable from Spotify’s one. Spytify records at .mp3 quality, and not at higher qualities like .flac, as we know the Spotify delivers 320 kbps audio quality for most songs.
How to record songs from Spotify?
It’s simple to record Spotify music with Spytify, and please follow the step by step below:
- Download, install Spytify here.
- Launch the Spytify and your Spotify desktop application (If you haven’t installed the app on your computer, you could download it here)
- Click the recording button in the upper right on Spytify and then playing music on Spotify.
That’s all. Spytify will detect if there is a sound on your computer. If yes, it will start to record music that is playing. All recordings are saved under the same path: …/My Music/, the default music of Windows.
- Automatically adds metadata to .mp3 file (track, Track Title, Artist, Album Title, Album Art, Cover, and Genre)
- No Ads Doesn’t record ads and has an option to disable audio ads.
- Mutes Other Apps Mutes any other applications while spying on Spotify
- Great Audio Quality Gets and records with the same great audio quality as Spotify.
- Normalize volume Max out the volume of your Spotify audio session to record all song at the same volume level delivered by Spotify
- Works for free and paid Spotify account Up to 120 kbps for A free Spotify account since Spotify restricts a free account with audio quality to 120 kbps. Recording up to 320 kbps audio if you have a Premium Spotify subscription.
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Framework (.NET 4.6 or higher).
- Spotify Desktop application.
Pros and cons
- Free to use
- Get ID3 tags for each recorded song.
- Get the same quality music from Spotify.
- Remove Ads
- Only support for Windows OS
- I need to install the Spotify desktop application. It didn’t work with the Spotify browser player.
- Record music from Spotify only does not support other popular streaming music services like Amazon prime music.
- The interface needs to be improved. It seems a Matrix theme.
Alternatives to Spytify
Cinch audio recorder(paid)
Cinch audio recorder is highly recommended. By using it, music from Spotify can be recorded and converted to MP3. Why is it better than Spytify? It records music from any streaming music site, not only Spotify. It wildly supports Amazon Prime/unlimited music, Tidal, Google Music, Soundcloud, and others.
It is a paid software program, but you could get it for free here.
- Record audio from computer audio and online music sources.
- Support preset recording starts time and duration.
- Automatically split/filter songs upon preset time duration.
- Manage recorded music files and edit recording files freely.
Leawo Music Recorder(paid)
Leawo Music Recorder is a multifunctional music recorder for both Windows and Mac users, and it is the only music recorder software for Mac computers. It has the same feature as a Cinch audio recorder but more: It can record sound from your microphone as well.
Just like other audio recorder software applications, Audials is automatically recorded, separated into individual files, converted into your preferred file format like MP3, WMA, AAC, or others, and tagged with ID3 tags, album cover, and songtext. It supports all mainstream online music and video sites. Full up your MP3 player with Audials now.
Replay Music allows you to record music from Spotify to MP3 files so that you can enjoy your favorite music on any device, anywhere. Recording from Spotify is a snap with Replay Music! You’ll get perfectly-tagged and titled song files, ready to import into Apple iTunes, Windows media play, or other music management software programs you might use every time.
Spotify recorder (free)
The software is designed because the author wants to download songs from Spotify to play them on an mp3 player or the car stereo. It records the Spotify tracks directly from the soundcard and adds the track and artist information just like Syptiffy. You don’t have to get a Spotify Premium account. The free account is fine.
Spytify is a great Spotify recorder that helps you to download MP3 from Spotify. However, the drawback is that the software only supports recording music from Spotify. If you want to record other streaming music sites, you need to get one of the alternative recording software applications mentioned in the alternative section. Please let if you have any question about this review, comment it below. Looking forward to hearing from you.