This post will show you how to rip high-quality music from Tidal and save it as MP3 so that you could play it on your MP3 media player.
Tidal is another online music streaming site where “sound matters” as their tagline. It is available in 52 countries, and they have 40 million songs to choose from. It relies on FLAC, which gives you excellent audio quality for your music experience.
Audio Quality of Tidal
Normal Quality: 96 kbps (AAC +)
- Will consume about 720 Kb of data per minute of content
- 4-minute track – 2.88 MB data is either used on streaming or storage space needed
High Quality: 320 kbps (AAC)
- Will consume about 2.4 MB of data per minute of content.
- 4-minute track- 9.6 MB is either used for streaming or storage space needed
HiFi: Flac: 1411 kbps- Lossless (16/44.1khz)
- 16 bit / 44.1 kHz 1411 kbps Flac files on average will consume about 10 MB of data per minute of content
- 4-minute track- 40 MB of data is either used on streaming or storage space needed
In Tidal, there are two subscriptions, which are HiFi and Premium. Since we are only interested in Lossless audio quality, we need to get FLAC audio music by choosing a HiFi subscription.
How to get Tidal music for free?
Tidal offers 30 days free trial period to all new customers on both subscription tiers, so I suggest downloading all the music you want.
How to Get Lossless Audio Quality?
By downloading software that can only record Lossless Audio Quality, which is the Cinch Audio Recorder.
Cinch Audio Recorder can record Tidal’s music in a Flac file to lossless WAV (uncompressed audio file). The difference is that Flac has a smaller file size compared to WAV since it uses lossless compression.
To Record the Music, you need to do these simple steps:
- Play music on Tidal and go to settings and choose the sound quality
- Open Cinch Audio Recorder
- Click Start Recording and Wait
- Next is by clicking Stop Record if you’re done.
Other Features of Cinch Audio Recorder:
- Save recorded music to edit and use as a ringtone.
- Virtual Sound Card not needed
- No annoying ads
- Automatically inputs artists, title, and album due to its ID3 tagger function.
If you still want to download more songs from Tidal, you need to pay for a subscription just like for a month, then download all of the songs you want. The cost may vary per country.